This article provides the steps required to create a Quotation (not Quick Quote).
- Go to the Quotation page located withing the “Sales” tab in Master View.
- Click the “New” button in toolbar or Ctrl+N.
- First, choose the “Quotation Type” from the pulldown.
You can then choose an existing prospect or customer from the Contacts list. If the contact is not listed or to create new one, just type in the name in the Customer textbox.
For new contact, ProLine will automatically prompt you to fill in the compulsory details such as Account Name, Address, and Premise Type.
- Fill in the other compulsory details such as “Date”, “Period / Commencement Date” and “Salesperson” in charge.
- Ensure the “File under” Org Group is correct, otherwise click to change.
- Click on the pulldown and select “Quotation Sets” or use the “>” button on the top right to go to the next page.
Filling in the Quotation Sets
- In the “Quotation Sets” page, click on the “Set / Options” box and type in a name for the Set Title. This will add a new “Set Details” section at the bottom of the form.
- Fill in the required “Period”, “Billing Mode”, and ”Work Type” along with other details.
- Click on the blue underlined “Service Address:” on the middle left, “Edit Address:”, and choose the required “Premise Type” from the drop down box.
- To add another location in your quote, click on the “Set / Options” box and repeat the steps above.
- Click on the “#1” box and type in a name for the Option name (or just click on the lookup button) to create a new Option. An option defines the deliverables to be printed out for the prospect.
- Specify the “Target”, “Product”, “Price”, Quantity” and other relevant information for your quote. If you’re unfamiliar, please refer to Deliverables Explained.
- You may keep adding different items to the list on the next line or row.
- To add another option in your quote, click on the “#2” box and repeat the steps above.
- Once you are satisfied with the options, click on the option #1 and click “>>” to add the option to quote printout No.1.
- You can keep adding other options like option #2, option #3 with the “>>” button into the quote printout No.1.
- Double-click on the Items “option #1, option #2” in the No.1 box & fill in the rest of the relevant information to complete your quote printout.
- You can select different combinations of the options and add it to different quote printout No.2, quote printout No.3 and so on.
Save the Quotation. Click on “Operations” -> “Save” menu or Ctrl+S. The auto-generated quotation number will be generated during saving.
- Go to the “Quotations” page and open the quotation document by double-click on the listing.
- Go to “Quotation Sets” using the pulldown or “>” button on the top right.
- Click on the box of the correct quote printout No.1 or etc to tick the confirmed selection.
- Select the “Operations” -> “Confirm / Transfer Quotation” either to “Existing Order” or “New Order”.