Invoice can be cancelled provided that the Invoice has not been cancelled. Cancellation may take place before an Invoice is posted or after posting.
To cancel an Invoice:
- Go to Invoice page in Master View and locate the desired Invoice to be cancelled.
- Open the Invoice and click Cancel from the Operations menu.
- Enter a reason for cancellation into the Status Log and close the window.
- This will perform the cancellation process.
Considerations for cancellation:
- When canceling an unposted Invoice, ProLine will mark the transaction as cancelled without any accounting entry.
- When canceling a posted Invoice, ProLine will generate the reverse transaction (or Credit Note) to cancel the accounting entries made by the posted Invoice.
In cases where we need to modify a posted Invoice (to reduce / increase the billing amount or item’s quantity), we can perform adjustments to it.
To perform an adjustment:
- Go to Invoice page in Master View and locate the desired posted Invoice to be adjusted.
- Open the Invoice and click Create Debit Note or Create Credit Note from the Operations menu. (refer to screenshot)
- A new document will be created with the exact details of the posted Invoice. Now, all you need is to change the information in the Bill Items page.
- Once completed, Save or Print the adjustment.
- Ensure the adjustment is posted to be reflected in the Accounts.
E.g. Posted Invoice = 100 and should be changed to 60, then amount in Credit Note = 40.
The 40 is difference between 100 and 60.